The government has issued new guidance for those starting to return to work following partial lifting of the lockdown restrictions.
This includes guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar. It is part of broader guidance on how to work safely, giving practical considerations of how this can be applied in the workplace.
How is your business affected?
Each business will need to translate the guidance into the specific actions needed depending on the nature of the business, the size and type of business, how it is organised, operated, managed and regulated.
The guidance covers:
- Thinking about risk
- Who should go to work
- Social distancing at work including multiple occupancy of vehicles and making deliveries
- Managing your customers, visitors and contractors including those arriving by vehicle
- Cleaning the workplace including vehicle sanitisation
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and face covering
- Workforce management including work-related travel
- Inbound and outbound goods including management of delivery vehicles and drivers
You can access the full guidance here