Driving for Better Business is teaming up with Women in Transport, a non-for-profit promotional, professional-development and support group.
Women make up 47 per cent of the UK workforce yet remain underrepresented in the transport sector, accounting for only 20 per cent of workers. However, this is changing steadily, and women are represented at every level.
Driving for Better Business is a National Highways programme led by Anne-Marie Penny, Senior Road Safety Policy Adviser, who says: “This is a great opportunity to raise awareness of the thousands of women who work in this sector, from CEOs of large multinational corporates, national and local government officials, directors of influential safety charities, freelancers, apprentices and everything between. Transport – like all areas of life – benefits from a diverse range of influences to best serve everyone.”
Through the Driving for Better Business programme, those organisations which collectively employ millions of staff who drive for work have access to a range of free tools and resources for employers, along with examples of good practice and strong leadership.
Find out more about the Driving for Better Business Programme and get started here
About Women in Transport
Women in Transport is a non profit network that supports the professional development of women working in the transport sector through networking, events, mentoring, leadership development and volunteering.
Their mission is advancing the professional development of women working in transport in the UK.
Membership is open to everyone at £60 per year. Membership benefits include:
- Access to the extensive programme of Women in Transport events (c. 4 per month)
- Opportunity to apply to be a mentor or mentee on the annual Advance mentoring programme
- Access to the Lead leadership development programme
- Access to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Women in Transport
- Building your network, contacts and relationships with like-minded professionals
- Developing your knowledge and skills at professional development workshops and technical talks
- Raising your profile through volunteering, blogging and networking opportunities with industry leaders
- Discounts and offers from partners
It takes a couple of minutes to sign up online: https://www.womenintransport.com/membership